Friday, July 22, 2005

Back to Work

I met with my boss yesterday. We discussed information about the school year, policies, procedures, etc. All things I wanted to know, but all I could think about was, "where is my room and when can I get into it?" For those of you who don't know, I am going to be the speech pathologist at the county preschool. I will be working with 3 and 4 year olds (my favorite age-group). I am ready to get started because I honestly am getting a little bored! Never thought I would say that!

My school building is the second oldest in the county. It once was the school for all the black children during segregation. It is set back in a field surrounded by lots of trees. A bit primitive, but I think it is charming and peaceful. My room is what I call a "portable". A manufactured trailer thing set up close to the parking lot. It does have a separate office in it and is a bigger space that I am used to. I am anxious to go and fix it up (right now it is a mess). I plan on getting in there on Monday to get started. Anyway, it feels good to be getting back into work. Things will be different, there will be a lot to learn, but I am ready!

No comments: